Federated Search / XML Gateway
XML gateways allow content to be targeted from federated search portals that are used by customers with a full license to Scopus. The gateway is already available but federated search engines need to enhance their software before using it. [Scopus does not support the Z39.50 standard.]
Benefits of utilizing the XML gateway
- Increase in stability, reliability and accuracy compared to “screen-scraping”, also known as HTTP searching, which tends to change unexpectedly, affecting the output.
- If you supply federated search solutions you can broaden your results set to your users by incorporating Scopus results.
4 easy steps to Utilize the Scopus XML Gateway
- Send a request to the Scopus Product organization via the Contact form.
- Scopus will contact you to formulate an XML gateway license agreement. There after, you will receive the relevant technical documentation on how to write your integrator software.
- A test environment will be made available to you to test your development.
- Once you have completed your development work and testing, we will ask you to pilot your integrator with one joint customer before rolling it out to all joint customers.