The Scopus Application Program Interface (API) lets you creatively interact with Scopus data by building mashups. Further it allows you to access and use Scopus data inside and outside of the traditional library domain through applications based on the API.
The API returns Scopus data in a format that easily integrates into an application or a web site. While registration and use of the interface will be open to non-customers, Scopus customers will have access to more data.
Most of the data on Scopus is already available through the API. Currently, you can use the API to request very specific information about article references, cited - by counts, and affiliations. Read more about the distinction between:
- Retrieve extended citation information
- Search and retrieve Author Details pages
- Search and retrieve Affiliation Details pages
- Document search
- Retrieve basic citation information
Take a look at a Scopus API Example.
For more information visit the Scopus API website.
4 easy steps to use Scopus API
- Register for API access at the Scopus API website.
- Receive a Developer Key via Email.
- Test your webpage by conducting a search via the Scopus API.