SciVerse Release Summary
Your search, your way
Through September 2011, Elsevier launched several important enhancements to its SciVerse platform that expand your search options, speed up your research and boost efficiency.
More to discover
• In SciVerse ScienceDirect, users may see up to three related PDF articles based on topic relevance to the PDF article they download.
• In SciVerse Scopus, searching the references will now find web site addresses (URLs).
Easier to use
• SciVerse Hub users will appreciate the easier and more powerful tabbed approach to advanced searching.
• SciVerse Scopus users will benefit from an expandable advanced search box, an automatically formatted search string, and more helpful syntax error messages.
Improved refine options
• SciVerse Hub users can limit their search to popular and commonly used document types.
• Especially helpful for users searching for local collaborators or assessing a particular country’s aptitude in a certain area, SciVerse Scopus now enables users to refine their searches by country based on the affiliation of the first author.
• The first paid applications will be available in the next few weeks, starting with our first paid application- quantiFind!
• Look for more free and paid apps available on relevant pages across SciVerse ScienceDirect, Scopus, and Hub to encourage users to improve discovery or analyze information in unique and interesting ways. Find out more about SciVerse Applications.
Modernizing the platform
Elsevier is investing in bringing ScienceDirect to a new quality standard with a migration to a modernised content repository. In the September update of SciVerse, users will not notice big changes – but this milestone will enable Elsevier to introduce exciting new improvements throughout 2012, including a redesigned article page and more applications. To learn more about the Article of the Future project, go to http://www.articleofthefuture.com/ and have your say on the prototypes.
For further information on SciVerse, contact your Elsevier Account Representative or your nearest Regional Sales Office.