The Admin Tool is a web-based interface designed to help you efficiently manage your ScienceDirect and/or Scopus subscriptions. By using the Admin Tool, you’ll be able to view and edit your institutional ScienceDirect and/or Scopus account settings in a variety of ways.
The Admin Tool gives you control and flexibility by helping you to:
- Assign additional administrators for your account
- Organize and manage your account and IP ranges
- See all the content your account has access to with the Electronic Holding Reports
- Gain quick access to your most recent usage statistics
- Create groups and manage user IDs
- Enable remote access for users
- Configure Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services
- Enable users to make credit card purchases of non-subscribed content
- Configure your ScienceDirect and Scopus link settings
- Customize ScienceDirect and/or Scopus with your own library or organizational logo and text
- Configure federated single sign-on access via Shibboleth*
*Note: Requires Shibboleth deployment by your library or organization. We can help! Please contact the Elsevier Customer Support team closest to you for more information.
Access the Admin Tool
An administrator for ScienceDirect and/or Scopus is part of the account set-up and implementation process. If for any reason you may need to request access to the Admin Tool, or if you need to identify the administrator(s) for your institution, please contact the Elsevier Customer Support team located closest to you.
Learn how to use the Admin Tool
See how the Admin Tool can help you manage your ScienceDirect and/or Scopus account with these short introductory video tutorials.
Introduction to Admin Tool: Managing Your Account
Admin Tool Basic Tutorial: Managing ScienceDirect
Admin Tool Basic Tutorial: Managing Scopus
You may also download a 12-page Admin Tool Quick Reference Guide which details step-by-step instructions for using the Admin Tool.
Make sure they know it’s you!
It’s easy to set-up your library, department or organization’s branding on ScienceDirect and/or Scopus:
- Login to the Admin Tool to get started.
- Select “ScienceDirect” or “Scopus” and click on “Institutional Logo or Text”.
- Type the text you wish to display to users and/or upload your library logo or image file. You may also specify a destination URL to which the image and/or text will link (such as to your library’s home page).
- Click “Save” to complete the process.
Your chosen branding will then display on every screen your users see.